- thin black marker
- colored pencils or pens
- tracing paper (if you have it)
- drawing paper (or any paper you have!)
- Find a source picture of an animal you want to base your creature off of
- Use tracing paper (or regular printer paper can work if you put your picture up to a window or trace over a smart phone) to trace a “skeleton” of your animal on top of your source picture- don’t just trace around the edges, make each part of your animal into ovals and triangles connected by straight lines.
- Take your tracing paper off your source picture, and you have a skeleton of your animal to build off of!
- Use your skeleton as a reference to start your own drawing.